Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Florida Trip/Green Smoothie

So what an amazing, relaxing trip Paul and I had to Florida. It was exactly what we needed to just get away for a few days and lay out in the sun. We also really enjoyed our Frisbee throwing in the evenings combined with the hotels free happy hour! What fun! It also really reminded us about what happened a year ago and the commitment we made to one other. It was so nice to reminisce on the happy things and the friends and family that were there to support us! There were weddings going on along the beach almost everyday!
Unfortunately we didn't take many pictures, here are a few that we did take


 Beautiful view from our balcony
 First wedding we saw
 Sunset-notice why we love the hotel and the privacy being next to the park?
 Sunrise on the deck
 First Morning
 First Morning
 Sunrise on the beach


2nd wedding we saw

So Paul and I are getting back into the green shakes after having been off of it a few months now. We were pretty crazy about them initially but have gotten away from them. Not exactly sure why as when I drink my shakes, I have so much more energy and feel so good the rest of the day! We have found a few good recipes by just trial and error and we have our favorite, go to shake that I'm going to share with you! So here it goes, throw it all into a blender and enjoy!

1 1/2 cups pineapple
1 lg apple (we are into the honey crisp right now as they are soo sweet)
1 juice of lemon
1/2 cup orange juice
1 banana
1 cup almond or coconut milk (Paul and I differ in our favorite, I like almond, he likes coconut so we alternate)
2-3 big handfuls of spinach (half a bag)
2 Tablespoons dried Goji berries
2 multivitamins
2 Tablespoons Bee Pollen
2 opened spirulina pills

I think that's it....
Sometimes we throw in blueberries (even though our shakes turn brown), avocado, carrots, broccoli, or whatever we have on hand. But this is our definite go to drink! Its delicious and I swear the combination gives me so much energy throughout the day! Great way to start the day and super refreshing!

No comments:

Post a Comment