Once we find him a home it will be a few weeks until we get another foster, if I can last that long. There are so many dogs out there who are very deserving of a family who loves them but may never get the chance. Its unbelievable how many kill shelters are located in the south and, with no questions asked, take dogs in and mark them with an "end" date. (rant starts...) I used to think that, something must be wrong with these dogs, they must be aggresive, unfriendly, or have health conditions that keep someone from keeping them but let me tell you that thought has been thrown out the window after having fostered 2 dogs now. How can people give these sweet dogs up?! There is absolutely nothing wrong with them and it just angers me beyond words that they could be forfited to a KILL shelter! Not even taking the honerable steps and finding a rescue that would help to find a great home for them! (rant over) If dogs could talk to tell us their story, I think we would all be amazed. Even at 8 months old, I believe Donny is wise beyond his years and is so greatful that he was given a chance to live and I for one am THRILLED that I can be part of Donny's story in helping to give him the life he deserves, just like we did with Kyra. More foster families are needed to help these sweet babies who dont have a voice.
More pictures to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment